Monday, October 27, 2014

Portraiture Shooting Assignment



About My Experience

I had a lot of fun doing this assignment. My sister was home for the weekend, and so I got her to go out and be my model for this. It was very bright and very windy on the day that I shot, so it was a bit frustrating with the harsh shadows and the wind everywhere, but I think we made it work. You will notice that a lot of the shots in the field have the light in the background and her darkened, and that is because of the harsh sun and myself liking the location too much to move. Other than that, we found a lot of places that still had nice lighting, but were in the shade, and a lot of those shots ended up being a little dark or flat. I wasn't very happy about that when I saw them, but I think it will be a quick fix in photoshop, and they are still good shots. Another problem I had was that a lot of my pictures ended up blurry, and I don't know if that was just carelessness on my part, or if it was the lens, but it really limited my options for pictures to use, and I will be sure to be more careful about that next time. Overall, I still had well over 15 good shots, and I think I applied the techniques we learned from Elaine nicely, and I have all the requirements. It was a fun assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment